Friday, July 13, 2007

I need my vitamins today

1.30pm
“Where were you this morning?" he asked.

“Left my laptop at home so I drove all the way back to pick it up. I decided to detour and spend some time with the birds” I replied.

“Birds?”
that questioning look irritates me.

“Ya, got on The Eye to spent 15 minutes with them in the sky. They taught me to do the track sheets. Nah, here. Email to the client”

“O. ok”. He walked away confused yet pleased that we made the 3pm deadline.

10.30am
When I woke up this morning, I couldn’t tell whether it’s 2006 or 2007. Standing at 5ft tall, wearing black bold Helvetica suit, the numbers rotated in front of my groggy eyes like the schedule panel at Changi airport.

I go through my usual routine – shower, dress and smoke. The morning felt surreal, yet my mind was alert enough to plan ahead for the day. I want to see Gavin tonight.

11.15am

Staring at my desk, trying to make out the void. Oh, my essential is missing. I picked up my keys and left. In my mind I thought “I couldn’t function with someone else’s keyboard” Least to say, it’s an excuse to take another long drive on a cloudy Friday afternoon.

The traffic didn’t bother me this time. Unlike in 2004, when I had to rush through the mad traffic because I locked my boyfriend at home.

12.30pm

Nothing better than being on top of the world alone, blasting Portishead from my iPod. It was breezy and the sky gave light warning that it’ll be crying soon. The ride took 15 mins. I came down feeling 15 years younger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IM GONNNNA TELL SPLEE!!!