Friday, November 24, 2006

Mushy love letter

"I love you very much, this I cannot and won't deny. I will trace the outline of your face with my fingers when you're insecure about your beauty.
I will stroke your hair as I kiss your forehead when you're uncertain what tomorrow brings. I will hold you close with one arm as the other wards off your demons when you've given up fighting. I will listen to the rhythm of your heartbeat as you sleep when loneliness taps on your shoulder. But I would do the same to anyone who calls on me. My love is not exclusive to you. I may love you more than the others, but it doesn't change the fact that this love is shared amongst others, simultaneously. I am built this way, with a heart that bleeds for the faintest hint of a smile on a broken face, constantly striving to mend the jaded. You asked me the wrong question, and I gave you the right answer. What you needed to hear was not that I love you, but that I love you and solely you.

I'm ready for your love but you're not prepared to accept mine."

1 comment:

Pandora's Lunch Box said...

Is it true that we are incapable of loving one person only? Or are we akin to a serial monagamist, who loves many but one at a time?
So then.. "WHAT IS TRUE LOVE?" When we are in love, do we not love that person exclusively? Unless in our heart we hold the flames of a past love that can never be distinguished...?