Friday, February 02, 2007

Today was especially kind (1/2/07)

It’s been a pretty productive day actually. I slept till 6 (the evening), and in-between, woke up for an hour or 2 to write a poem about a new found friend.

I guess life takes place better in our sleep. In fact, it feels more of an Ethiopian-state than being awake. I have developed a strange preference for sleep-to-live than the usual way. Except today, I feel exceptionally conscious about this preferred state-of-mind. And no, it is not weird, wired nor warped as you might think. (I read an article once about the hobby of sleeping-in, and discovered a surprising fact - sleeping-in is one of the top list of things-to-do on dates)

Anyways, getting back to the point, I want to list out why today has been especially kind to me.

The weather is unusually good. It felt like early Minneapolis summer.

I had drunken-fun the night before, with my best buddies in the world.

I manage to write something light that I actually like at an oddest time. (To writers out there, you know how it feels)

I realize that there are still real people in my realm and being very thankful for it

A good conversation with an old and a new friend over dinner at (yet again another pleasant discovery!) a nicely-ambient forest-like place not faraway from my home. It felt so comfortable that I made an impulse call to another friend whom I’ve deferred for the past 2 months, and also a mental note to go again to write.

From conversations and a series of fortunate realizations come new discoveries, naturally - One of it, A Pre-punk history for the Pro-punk world, the other, an invitation to the private screening of my friend’s film. Long awaited, ahem.

I’m actually thinking about somebody and feeling sweet about it, at the same time, thought of another person without feeling bitter.

If I may conclude without sounding boastful or assuming, 2007 did kick-off well.

I wonder how many more months would God grant me this state-of-bliss? And if you are out there, God, please continue to surround me with this moment of peace.

I promise to be a very good girl and drink my coffee with lesser sugar.

(Y)amen.

No comments: