Friday, September 21, 2007

Confession of a wanna-be geek

To say we are not prideful creatures are wrong. In all of us, there are some. Admittedly, I am one.


This is the proof. No, it’s not mine. It belongs to ‘anonymous’ (I am not allowed to reveal the source for security reasons)

Getting my hands on this ‘xclusive gem’ only reinforces that I’m not the gadget geeko I hope to be. Yeah, I was excited but only a short while between Address and Map functions. After that, I didn’t know what else to do with the phone, except to wait for AWE.

Sadly, it couldn’t come fast enough before ‘Big Dan’ (my colleague) snatched it from my hands. Now I tell you, watching his child-like excitement was AWESOME. The smile on his face and the anticipation in his eyes confirms only one thing.

APPLE got it right. The i-Phone was made from the heart, not the factory. Why?Because he worked the phone as if he’d owned it for years.

Was it really the phone that matters or the experience of being with the phone? Watching myself watching him, there’s no need to wonder. A good product design is a piece of good advertising.

No comments: