Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Settling in with Mr Murakami


It's been a year since the last book and I can't wait to finger this one. Before I start the opening chapter, my ritual is to read up something new about the man, just to get myself into the mood. And here's a lil' excerpt from his interview with Times UK on his love for running and writing.

"He believes that “a fortunate author can write maybe 12 novels in his lifetime. I don’t know how many good books I still have in me. I hope there are another four or five. When I am running, I don’t feel that limit. I publish a thick novel every four years, but I run a 10km race, a half-marathon and a marathon every year”. He gets up at 4am, writes for four hours, then runs 10km. On his tombstone, he would like the phrase “at least he never walked”.

I love his wit.

No comments: