Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mundane for the Membrane


Finally, I am part of the system. Finally, I won’t get those weird stares anymore. Finally, “I AM A CITIZEN OF MALAYA!!!”

This is my third attempt to get a MyKad, the first two were out-witted by my own impatience. The trip had turned out to be more pleasant than I expected.

Armed with an iPod, Mr Wind-up Bird and a cup of McD coffee, I was more determined than ever to check this off the list. I thought about bringing the laptop along, but then, it almost seems too indulging for governmental stuff like this.

At 8.30am, I was No. 68, a long wait from No. 15 but it didn't bother me that Saturday morning. I know I have to conquer mundanity and my strategy is to embrace it with love and use it as thinking time.

I need a new thinking space anyway (a good one where I can slouch ideally with nobody judging). The JPN waiting room full with strangers seem quite fitting. There isn’t anything serious to resolve; just my mind screaming for some aimless wander.

And so I did, with a plastered smirk tne entire time. I sat and I stared and I read and I danced (in my head) aimlessly to the beat of the buzzer while previewing the consistensy of human behavior in the context of waiting time.

Tiiingggggg...nombor enam-puluh lapan Ahhh...that sweet sound came at 11am.

The verdict that makes me proud to tell you, I'VE CONQUERED MUNDANITY!

No comments: